Notary Records for Bricherasio
Strategically located at the entrance to the Pellice Valley, Bricherasio was frequently the victim of war. In 1537 it was destroyed and occupied by the French and in the 17th century it was severely damaged in battles to regain control by the Duke of Savoy. It also suffered damage from the religious wars between Catholics and Protestants.
Bricherasio currently occupies 8.7 square miles. The population in 2011 was 4,521, 25% higher than in the mid-1800s.
Click HERE to see a map of the area.
- Volume 29 - Books 1,2, & 3 - 1610-1613
- Volume 29-2 - 1611-1612 (Revised)
- Volume 30 - Books 1 & 2 - 1614-1617
- Volume 30-2 - 1615-1616 (Revised)
- Volume 31 - 1618-1620
- Volume 32-1 - 1621-1622
- Volume 32-2 - 1623-1624
- Volume 33-1 - 1625-1626
- Volume 33-2 - 1627-1630
We are grateful to the State Archives, Torino for providing access to these records, and to Giovanni Cena for his generous efforts to abstract them.