How to Do Waldensian Research
This section provides a number of resources, tips and reference guides to help you research your Waldensian family history.
5 Simple Steps to Finding Your Waldensian Ancestors
|Step 1 –||Trace your ancestors from yourself to your immigrant Waldensian ancestor.
|Step 2 –||Use the Waldensian Collected Genealogies to use the research of others to extend your ancestry.|
|Step 3 –||Use the Waldensian Parish Registers to extend your ancestry to about 1700.
|Step 4 –||Use the Claims of Returned Waldensian Exiles and the Waldensian Exile Records to extend your ancestry 1 or 2 more generations.|
|Step 5 –||Use the Waldensian Notary Records to extend your ancestry to the early 1600s or even the late 1500s.
Follow these 5 steps for each of your Waldensian ancestral surnames.
To learn about other Waldensian resources, click HERE.
Other research reference guides and tips also available on this website:
- Surnames in the Waldensian Valleys
- Waldensians Not from the Piedmont Valleys
- Italian Vocabulary for the Notarial Records
- Falsified Waldensian Pedigrees
- Handwriting Samples
- The Traditional Waldensian Naming Pattern
- How to Work With the Waldensian Languages
- Waldensian Customs That Can Affect Your Research
- How to Document Your Sources
- How to Estimate Unknown Dates